Seeking tea-drinkers, pirates, and people who don't like Beyoncé...

Friday, May 28, 2010

Add Some Music To Your Day

Warning: if you are going to read this blog, then you need to be aware that I am obsessed with Brian Wilson.


I will probably be going on about him (and the Beach Boys) a lot, because my tiny brain cannot really handle how much of a genius he is, and so I regard him as a kind of demi-god. I have many musical heroes, but for me, the music Brian Wilson has created is in a different league. It has had a profound effect on my life - listening to it gives me the same feeling as you get when someone gives you some totally unexpected, fantastic, life-changing news.

So - that said, here is a great video of Brian performing live. it's kind of a perfect representation of his music, because it starts out with Surf's Up (a triumph of melody and harmony, and possibly the most beautiful of all his compositions), and it ends with a song about vegetables.

Enjoy!...


No comments:

Post a Comment